RED Rochester, LLC – Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Intern
Rate of Pay Range $20 – $22 per hour
RED-Rochester is the owner and operator of the Utilities systems serving Eastman Business Park (EBP) in Rochester, New York. RED offers a full suite of utilities services for the industrial customers at EBP including:
· Chilled Water/Process Refrigeration
· Process Water
· Wastewater Collection and Treatment
· HP and Demineralized Water
We are seeking a wastewater treatment plant intern to join the King’s Landing Wastewater Treatment Operations Team at RED-Rochester. In this role, the intern will be exposed to RED’s engineering, operations, and maintenance teams at the King’s Landing industrial wastewater treatment plant with opportunities to increase their knowledge while actively supporting:
· Maintenance of the King’s Landing wastewater treatment system – Including opportunities to support “day to day” field work with our maintenance team, supporting customers, learning more about testing wastewater components in the lab, the chemical, biological, and physical processes of removing hazardous industrial waste from the wastewater discharge of EBP, and the discharge of water that meets all DEC wastewater discharge permit limits into the Genesee River.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Environmental Science, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering
• A track record of outstanding academic performance.
• Eagerness to contribute to our team-oriented environment.
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
► Industrial and office environments.
► Must work at times in dirty and noisy areas.