RED Rochester, LLC – Electrical Engineering Intern
Rate of Pay Range $20 – $22 per hour
RED-Rochester is the owner and operator of the Utilities systems serving Eastman Business Park (EBP) in Rochester, New York. “RED” offers a full suite of utilities services for the industrial customers at EBP including:
· Chilled Water/Process Refrigeration
· Process Water
· Wastewater Collection and Treatment
· HP and Demineralized Water
We are seeking an electrical engineering intern to join the Project and Asset Optimization Team at RED-Rochester. In this role, the intern will be exposed to RED’s engineering, operations, and maintenance teams with opportunities to increase their knowledge while actively supporting:
· Maintenance of the EBP High Voltage distribution systems – Including opportunities to support “day to day” field work with our maintenance team, supporting customers, learning more about testing system components like transformers, breakers and protective relays.
· Capital Projects – supporting the development of business cases, through assisting the project teams execute the completion of these projects, as well as taking charge of small capital projects supporting the improvement of our systems.
· Generation and Operation of electric power for EBP- learning about our “micro-grid” at EBP and its safe operation. Our responsibilities include the operation, maintenance, and improvement of 13.8kV steam turbine generation, 13.8kV distribution system, power transformers, building distribution equipment, variable frequency motor drives, protective relaying and control systems related to power distribution. RED is also currently involved in the design, specification, and refurbishment of a used, GE Frame 6 Gas Turbine Generator Unit, and Heat Recovery Steam Generator to increase EBP’s generation capacity.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s program in Electrical Engineering
- A track record of outstanding academic performance.
- Eagerness to contribute to our team-oriented environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
► Industrial and office environments.
► Must work at times in dirty and noisy areas.