Boiler/Refrigeration Operator Intern
Rate of Pay Range $20 – $22 per hour
RED-Rochester is the owner and operator of the Utilities systems serving Eastman Business Park (EBP) in Rochester, New York. RED offers a full suite of utilities services for the industrial customers at EBP including:
· Chilled Water
· Process Water
· Wastewater Collection and Treatment
· HP and Demineralized Water
We are seeking a boiler/refrigeration operations intern to join the Consolidated Utilities Operations Team at RED-Rochester. In this role, the intern will be exposed to RED’s engineering, operations, and maintenance teams with opportunities to increase their knowledge while actively supporting:
· The successful candidate will get firsthand experience about how we produce steam to drive turbines and generate electricity. The operation team is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the boiler steam generation, turbine-generators, demineralized water, compressed air systems, along with all the auxiliary equipment associated with these systems.
. RED is also currently involved in the design, specification, and refurbishment of a used, GE Frame 6 Gas Turbine Generator Unit, and Heat Recovery Steam Generator to increase EBP’s generation capacity.
· You will perform routine boiler room, refrigeration and water treatment systems equipment inspections and performance including documentation of operational data, checking, and adjustment of controls on equipment as necessary.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Power Systems Operations, or related field.
• A track record of outstanding academic performance.
• Eagerness to contribute to our team-oriented environment.
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
► Industrial and office environments.
► Must work at times in dirty and noisy areas.