Summary: Responsible for the effective planning, and execution of all maintenance work control processes, and efficient use of planning and scheduling of resources to conduct maintenance activities which result in minimum downtime and maximum productivity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review maintenance work to be performed, and develop job plans, define parts, and material, identify skills needed, and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective, and efficient work control plan.
- Reviews plans for accuracy, and clarity: clear scope of work, realistic completion date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper authorization, and discuss details with all applicable parties.
- Coordinate material needs & services including procurement of parts, and services, verifying all material, information, tools, and labor are available prior to scheduling.
- Negotiates terms and agreements to obtain quotes for services/parts and then provide information to Purchasing for PO creation.
- Takes on the construction manager roll during outages, Conduct equipment outage meetings including pre-progress, daily progress, and post-progress.
- Develop, and plans outage tasks and work scope.
- Develop detailed work lists, and manpower needs for outages.
- Coordinate, and manage contractor labor during outages.
- Provide insight for managing both annual, and 10 year budget forecast.
- Ensure jurisdictional inspection dates are met and acts as liaison between RED Rochester, LLC. and Factory Mutual Representative.
- Provide written data to Production to prioritize back logged work.
- Provide input to technical team to solve improvement opportunities.
- Provide input during Production and Maintenance Team meetings to determine work priorities for 3 week schedules.
- Conduct inspections with safety specialist to ensure safety requirements are being executed.
- Understand and enforce good safety practices.
- Request multiple bids from both labor and material vendors.
- Provide input to boiler inspector concerning equipment conditions.
- Provide hands-on help when needed.
- Backup for Support Team Leader when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five years planning, and schedule experience
- Trade experience
- Utilizes MAXIMO.
- Utilizes company e-mail providing input to both management and trade personnel.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Have a broad base knowledge of business.
- Have a “can do” attitude.
- Willingness to take on additional assignments.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvements and assist to implement them.
- Good multi-tasking abilities.
- Both office and Power Plant / Industrial environment.
- Working inside and outside in extreme conditions from street level to roof tops.
- Lifting materials, climbing stairs, ladders and / or scaffolding, entering confined spaces.