Instrumentation and Controls Technician
RED-Rochester, LLC owns and operates the utility system at Eastman Business Park (formerly Kodak Park). RED-Rochester offers a full suite of utilities and services to Eastman Business Park tenants including electric power, steam, chilled water, compressed air, water treatment, waste water treatment, and other services.
FLSA: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports To: Manager, Information & Communications Technology
Rate of Pay Range: $24.52/hour – $36.47/hour
Summary: Working with a wide variety of pneumatic, electronic, or digital instrumentation and control systems, responsible to install, maintain and repair the measuring and control instruments and control systems used in our utility plants and distribution systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, repairs, maintains, and adjusts process instruments, used to control and measure variables, such as pressure, flow, temperature, and analytical properties, using precision instruments and hand tools.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains park-wide distribution flow metering.
- Repairs and maintains pneumatic and electronic final control elements, such as control valves and damper drives.
- May occasionally work in motor starters and other electrical enclosures to debug and repair control system issues.
- Inspects and calibrates instruments and test equipment periodically and adjusts calibration to ensure functioning within specified or established standards.
- Repairs and maintains I/O, power systems, and control systems hardware.
- Maintains and edits control logic, control system programming and operating graphics for both programmable logic controllers and distributed control systems.
Education and/or Experience:
Two-year associate degree in engineering technology or a related field, vocational school certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum five years’ experience in control systems, flow metering, or other instrumentation in an industrial setting.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and proof of insurance
§ Good communication skills
§ Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability to follow procedures, work instructions and safety/environmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to problem solve with demonstrated trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvements and assist in implementation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to consult manuals, read and interpret circuit diagrams, electrical schematics, and other drawings.
- Knowledge of industrial utility equipment and systems including boilers, turbines, generators, chillers, cooling towers, and air compressors.
- Knowledge of Emerson Ovation control system or other distributed control systems is a plus.