Summary: Working with a wide variety of Pneumatic, electronic, microcomputer instrumentation and control systems, responsible to install, maintain and repair the measuring and control instruments and control systems used in the utility plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installs, repairs, maintains, and adjusts process instruments, used to control and measure variables, such as pressure, flow, temperature, and analytical properties, using precision instruments and hand tools.
- Repairs and maintains pneumatic and electronic final control elements, such as control valves and damper drives.
- May occasionally work in motor starters and other electrical enclosures to debug and repair control system issues.
- Inspects and calibrates instruments and test equipment periodically and adjusts calibration to ensure functioning within specified or established standards.
- Repairs and maintains I/O, power systems, and controller hardware for both programmable logic controllers and distributed control systems.
- Maintains and edits control programming for both Programmable logic controllers and distributed control systems.
Education and/or Experience: Two-year associate degree in engineering technology or a related field, vocational school certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and proof of insurance
- Good Communication skills in English
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability to follow procedures, work instructions and safety/environmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to problem solve with demonstrated trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvements and assist in implementation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to consult manuals, read and interpret circuit diagrams, electrical schematics, and other drawings.
- Knowledge of industrial utility equipment and systems including boilers, turbines, generators, chillers, cooling towers, and air compressors.
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley programmable logic controllers.
- Knowledge of Emerson Ovation control system.
- Familiarity with the Windows operating system, Office programs, and Windows PC’s
- Industrial environment.
- Working inside in extreme conditions from basements to rooftops and above including inspections of cooling towers.
- Work may be outside in all weather conditions from street level to roof tops.
- Work may take place in chemical, noisy, hot, or dirty areas.
- Will be operating heavy-duty machinery and vehicles including, Boomlifts (Manlifts), scissors lifts, fork trucks and power-walkie trucks.
- Position requires strenuous effort, climbing, stair climbing, and crawling to accomplish equipment isolation and movement of material
- Lifting and carrying of a variety of equipment weighing up to 50 lbs is sometimes necessary.