Job Title: Finance Manager / Plant Controller
Reports To: Director, Technical Operations
FLSA/Pay Band: Exempt C ($80,000 – $125,000)
This position will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company. This position will function as a business partner with plant management, supervises the financial staff, is accountable for general accounting, payables, business analysis, and financial reporting. Will interact liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor, supervise and perform all accounting necessary for month-end accounting close, preparing detailed financial reporting package at month-end including responding to SEEIT reporting requests.
• Recommend benchmarks that will be used to measure the Company’s performance.
• Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
• Assist in the preparation of annual financial budgets and provide management with analysis of budget variances.
• Leads the tax preparation and submissions process.
• Oversee capital: capital project numbers, accumulate spend and capitalize per Company policies, respond to reporting requests, and forecast capital spend.
• Oversee payroll-related financial statement items: weekly payroll review, ADP GL interface, PTO journal entries, labor capitalization journal entries, labor budget, and bonus calculation.
• Oversee the preparation of annual and monthly forecasts, including cash forecasts.
• Supervise accounts payable and accounts receivable processes (other than tariff model invoicing).
• Oversee quarterly debt covenant calculation.
• Oversee the Recoverable Materials Agreement (RMA) settlement process.
• Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
• Work closely with external auditors and assist with financial disclosure issues and footnote preparation.
• Maintain and evaluate, on a periodic basis, a system of inventory and manufacturing costing.
• Conduct and cost periodic physical inventories.
• Assist with various tax reporting requirements.
• Administer desired accounting practices and controls per Company policies.
• Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
• Support CEO with monthly cash flow reporting and 18-month cash flow forecasts for SEEIT
• Review and support monthly funding requests, transfers, and bank transactions with Ironclad
• Assist and have involvement in treasury activities with Ironclad
• Evaluate current accounting processes, software, and resources. Recommend, justify, and implement improvements that will increase efficiency, production, and reduce dependencies on a person or position for processing transactions.
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
• Ten years or more of related experience required.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
• Proficiency in: general ledger, financial analysis, U.S. GAAP, and SOX controls
• Excellent analytical and technical skills with attention to detail
• Strong decision-making skills, problem solving capabilities, extremely well-organized.
• Strong multi-tasking abilities
• High level of initiative with an ability to work independently.
• Ability to manage/delegate
• A willingness to perform transactional work as needed.
• Onsite Office Environment
• Business hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.