REPORTS TO: EHS Manager – RED-Rochester
SALARY: Competitive salary, including eligibility for incentive compensation based on financial performance and individual goal achievement.
SUMMARY: RED Rochester is dedicated to improving the environment and the economy by recycling presently wasted energy. In addition to meeting our customer’s thermal and power needs RED-Rochester also provides other on-site utility services such as nitrogen, compressed air, underground service maintenance, and water and wastewater delivery and treatment services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in review and improvements of EHS programs and procedures to support RED-Rochester and drive operational excellence
• Assist in waste reduction/pollution prevention activities
• Assist in permitting activities as needed
• Perform Job Hazard and PPE assessments
• Coordinate and update procedures
• Provide and / or coordinate training in EHS program requirements. Audit regulatory programs
• Analyze and trend EHS data
• Facilitate safety team activities and events
• Implement and update EHS IT programs and management systems
• Support senior EHS team members
• Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Science, or Engineering preferred
• 3+ years’ experience in the development and application of EHS principles. Or combination of Master’s degree and experience
• Knowledge of OSHA, Air, Water and Solid and Hazardous Waste regulatory programs
• Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements and systems
• Ability to successfully and independently lead team projects and drive EHS improvements
• Ability to streamline processes and use data systems
• Ability to work within all levels of the organization
• Must be organized and have great attention to detail
• Experience in the utilities industry a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• GIS experience a plus
• Valid U.S. Driver’s license and required insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
• Work environment: Incumbent will be required to travel between various buildings and work in plant environment where there is moderate noise levels. Employee would be expected to wear appropriate safety gear for each location.