Job Title: RED Rochester, LLC – Boiler/Refrigeration Operator
Reports To: Energy & Water Manager
Pay Band: Nonexempt – Payband 1
SUMMARY: The successful applicant will be responsible for the safe operation of all the boilers, refrigeration units, turbines, and all associated equipment used to supply Eastman Business Park (EBP) with its utilities. This would include, but not limited to starting, stopping, monitoring, and making operational adjustments to the equipment both locally and remotely via the DCS. All this while following the company guidelines and procedures to ensure we supply the customers with reliable services while staying in compliance with all state and government agency requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine boiler, refrigeration, and water treatment systems equipment inspections for operation and document any abnormalities. Make required adjustments as needed.
- Conduct sampling and testing of water treatment systems to include demineralized water, condensate, and reverse osmosis to ensure the proper chemistry is maintained. This to include the unloading and handling of chemicals under approved safety guidelines.
- Provide operational support for equipment shutdowns and startups, to include the securing of systems using the company approved LO/TO system. These systems could be indoors as well as outdoors, both above and below grade.
- Assist with maintaining the equipment in a safe and clean condition to ensure reliability.
- Assist with maintaining and development of the company standard operating procedures (sop) as needed.
- Maintain company records and documents to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Assist on special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior experience with boilers, chillers, air compressors, or chemical handling preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel preferred. Experience with Maximo, Tags Pro, or Compliant Pro a plus.
- Experience with DCS systems, Emmerson Ovation specifically preferred.
- A valid, current driver’s license is required.
- A City of Rochester S-3, or R-4 license preferred but not required. The successful applicant must be able to obtain at least one of these within 16 months.
- The ability to read blueprints and drawings a plus.
- Able to work independently and in team environments
- Must be able to work at times in dirty, hot and noisy areas.
- This is a 12-hour, rotating shift position.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, work at heights.